Saturday, June 28, 2014

He and She Saturdays-Even Those on Diets Are Hungry for Love.

Miss she and he? Catch up with the full links to all of my posts here.           
We ended up at some Italian restaurant that was probably family owned. Andrew must have been there thousands of times before, with his family, because the host shook his hand and acknowledged him by name. Andrew blushed as the owner went on about how pretty I was, and how much it was a pleasure to meet the apple of Andrew’s eye. Andrew probably wanted to crawl under a rock, which was okay because that proved that he really liked me. At least, that’s what Daphne told me.
            “So you come here often?” I asked, trying to make a joke out of it. I didn’t want him to think that he was making a fool out of himself, you know. For the first time in my life, I found someone that was in fact falling for me in the same way that I was falling for them, and I wasn’t sure what the hell I was feeling. Happiness, maybe? Sadness, because who knows what what would come out of it. Love, yes. But I’ve read too many Nicholas Sparks novels to know that there could be a bridge under troubled waters to know what was really going to happen.
            He nodded. “My mom used to date the owner.”
            “And that’s not awkward?” I asked.
            “Not really. They were kids, so now they are just old friends.”
            “And regulars at their restaurant?” I asked.
            He laughed. It’s also a good sign when a guy laughs at your jokes. It shows that they are in fact into you. That’s always a good thing.
            “Yes”, he said. “I guess that sometimes that happens too.”
            I smiled. “I think I like you Andrew.” As soon as I said them, I wished that I could take them back. What if it was too soon into this for us to really be so blunt when it came to those things? What if I was the only one who was feeling the buzz of a first date? I was left on the limb that I had taken all by myself. What did he have to say for himself?

            He smiled, and then said “I think that I like you too. Will you be my girlfriend?”

No comments:

Post a Comment