Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Resolution: To Be Happy

I have a love hate relationship with resolutions. Usually, it's a hate one because I never remember my resolution more than a week after I make them. So, now that 2016 is here, I'm going to make one, and actually try to stick to it. Wish me luck.
My resolution for 2016 is to be happy and healthy both mentally and physically. 2015 was a good and successful year, in terms of academics, work, and life in general. I made Dean's List both Spring and Fall 2015, I got better jobs as time went on, and I even did a bit of traveling. However, I will look back at 2015, and remember something else. Anxiety. Anxiety, that cold little ghost that lies in the back of my closet, ready to spring and haunt me at a moments notice. Anxiety, paralyzing me from doing anything other than want to grasp onto anything that will offer me an ounce of support. Anxiety can make me want to burst into tears, despite having a good day otherwise. I hate that stupid anxiety, and 2016 I am going to devote to making sure it tries to stay away.
In 2016, I'm going to try my best to be happy. I'm going to try to not worry so much as I go back to school, and am struggling to stay sane as the homework piles up. I'm going to try to do more things for fun, and more things to look foreword to. I'm going to try to not worry that I'm not going to do well, and try my best. I think that's the best medicine to keep the anxiety infection away, and the right steps to take as I look to take care of myself. I think that's what I want to spend 2016 doing. Hopefully, it will equal happiness, but we'll have to wait and see.
So while everyone around me pledges to lose that last bit of unwanted pounds, or do something else that seems out of reach, I'll try to better myself. I think that's the best kind of resolution out there, if you ask me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment