Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Life.

I hate it when someone says "I only want what's best for you" or "I don't want you to get hurt, so therefore you shouldn't do x y and z". I mean I understand why someone would say that. They care about me enough to say I don't want you to get hurt, so then avoid this. Looking out for someone is always something that's good character. Especially when it's a friend or family member, someone that you really wouldn't like to see cry or feel sad.
However, as much concern as these parties may have for me, those phrases still make me angry. I know what I want. Granted, it sometimes isn't exactly the BEST thing for me, but its something that I feel is right for me. I know this, because my gut told me that it was. My gut may not be ALWAYS right, but if my gut wants to do or say something, I'll damn well do it. Sometimes these people don't realize that I do things for a reason.
 As much as I appreciate their concern over my wellbeing, I feel like they are more telling me what to do and what not to do. And that makes me angry, because I'm eighteen years old. I'm old enough to make my own decisions. They might not always be great, and they might not be what you want for me, but they are mine to make. I can't ask you to support them, nor agree with them. However, I can only ask that you respect them as I make them, because that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment