Friday, February 20, 2015

Why It's Important to Love Yourself.

LOVE. Last week, was the week of celebrating love for the special people in your life. However, there's something about the importance of self love and acceptance of yourself in your own skin. I think that it's important for you to be able to say that you love yourself. It's a hard thing to accept oneself, however let me stress the importance of doing so.
Lately, I've been in this emotional and mental black hole of emotion. I haven't been feeling..well good about myself. It's also been making me realize the importance of loving yourself whenever your down.
First things first, you've got to treat yourself well. That means taking the time out of the day to read a few pages out of a book, to drink tea, or to simply catch a break. It's something that I myself have been struggling with. But get this through your thick head-it's important to take a break. So plan for a few minutes of downtime, because those few minutes can be crucial.
Actually make time for friends. I've been a horrible friend to pretty much all of my friends. Honestly, I have been so wrapped up with what's going on with my chaotic life that hanging out with my friends have become the least bit of priorities. It's nothing personal to my friends, but it's something that I have to work on. I need to focus more on being a friend, and less on my chaotic, hectic life.
Just remember one thing. Loving yourself is the key for ultimate happiness. Forgive yourself when you make mistakes. Treat yourself to a cookie or something to make you smile. Be happy, and if you feel like you're alone talk to a friend. Pet a dog. It's important to tell yourself that you're worth a million, because you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment