Monday, July 20, 2015

Book Review: I Am Ozzy


Image Source
Another book to check off of the summer reading list! This time, it's the autobiography "I Am Ozzy" by Ozzy Osbourne. (We're up to four now!)
The book is about Ozzy's life, told through his eyes.The book talks about Osbourne's entire life story, and to be honest, the book is amazing. He tells you about the time he bit a bat, dove and about his drug addiction. He tells you about the rock and roll lifestyle, how he met Sharon and what it was like to be fired from Black Sabbath. Overall, everything you've heard about Osbourne will be in this book.
Let me be honest here and say how much I hate any kind of non-fiction.Ozzy is one of my favorite singers, so naturally I had to read the book.  And I am so glad that I did decided to do so. I think this book was perhaps one of the best books that I've ever read. Sure, the writing wasn't the best but it was very entertaining. Ozzy did an amazing job writing, and you can tell the stories were authentic. Reading the book gave me so much more respect for the singer than what I had originally, as well as just being an overall read. It's something different than any book I'm used to reading, which is usually fiction, so it's a welcome change of pace to read an autobiography.
I recommend this book to pretty much anyone, however, I would especially recommend this book to those who are fans of Osbourne, Black Sabbath or classic rock. Overall, if you're looking for a great autobiography to read look no further. "I Am Ozzy" is an excellent choice for you to spice up your book shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment