Thursday, July 23, 2015

Welcome Back, Alessia!


Alessia and I July 2013
Last Wednesday, I finally got to see one of my best friends that I haven't seen in over 2 years. And that was, Alessia.
Alessia, for those who aren't familiar, was the foreign exchange student in my high school a few years ago. We met through a mutual friend at a play one night, and immediately clicked. At the time, I was taking Italian, so she was the perfect resource. We bonded, and soon even took to hanging out without our mutual friend. I got to see her go to her prom, and we often were found getting our fro yo. But, soon enough it was time to say our goodbyes. I didn't know when I would be seeing her next, and that was okay.
 
Flash forward to two years later. When Alessia first told me she was coming to visit in America I was beyond excited. It's beyond amazing that we kept in touch all of these years and so we finally got to catch up over breakfast. (She was craving an American breakfast) On Friday, I took her shopping to some American stores like TJ Maxx and CVS. We even met up with Gabriel for a little while.
 
Alessia is going to be exploring California for the next week or so, but after that we're currently planning a trip to Boston before she leaves in mid-August. I am so beyond happy to have her back, because I really did miss her. However, no matter how far she is, I've learned that she's one of the truest friends that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment