Thursday, November 26, 2015

Things I'm Thankful for Thursday

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my readers. I hope you have a day that's full of food, and good memories. However, today I wanted to reflect about all of the things that I am thankful for. Lately, it seems like my life is a constant down spiral, and I wanted to remind myself that everything that in my life isn't all that bad.
Really good friends:
I have a lot of great friends, near and far. I'm grateful for the support my friend Kari gives me whenever I'm upset. I'm grateful for Griffin always being there for me as a person of both insight, and enlightening me with different ways to look at the world. I'm also thankful for the wild adventures I've had with both Griffin and Gabriel. I'm also grateful for Panera dinners with Vanessa. I've learned what good friends are and I've tried to surround myself in good company. I'm surrounded by a lot of good people who have been there for me and I'm grateful for it.
Family:
I have a close-knit family that are there for me for the highs and lows of my life. From my goofy grandma who I enjoy having Friday afternoon lunches with, to a supportive single mother who does everything for her child. I'm grateful for those two in particular, however, I'm still grateful that I have a good support system to rely on.
My dog: 
My dog is my best friend, and she's one of the people who always makes me happy when I'm upset. She always makes me laugh, and I'm happy to have my dog around whenever I'm feeling upset.
My opportunities:
From going to school to getting to work at a newspaper, I've had a lot of opportunities at my age. For that, even though I complain about them, I'm grateful for all of those opportunities.
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? Let me know in the comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment