Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fear

Someone once said that 'we have nothing to fear but fear itself.'Logan from Gilmore Girls once said that 'people can live a thousand years but not really living a day'. Fear is what keeps us from living. It's this invisible force between us and actually experiencing the fruits of life; the sweet fruit of risk tastes much better than the bland bread of safety. Fear is what keeps us from living the way we want to. As some guy wearing a robe in Star Wars had said 'the things you fear the most you need to lose', or something like that. I can't exactly remember what it was.
My biggest fear is falling in love or romantic relationships. I've experienced my share of bad men in my life, and all that sad stuff. I'm afraid to fall for someone and then waking up and them realizing that im not as special as they once made me out to be. I fear being cheated on, due to my parents divorce. I fear being a crazy girlfriend, you know like they ones that write crazy gf probelms on twitter? I fear most of all of losing myself, who I am, my hopes and my dreams, throwing them out the window for a guy.
Sometimes I wish that I can find a relationship. I wish that someone was there by my side to tell me that they think I'm pretty damn special. I wish I could have a chance to take a risk. I am tired of not and i think I'm ready to do something about it.
Maybe it's time I take the plunge.

No comments:

Post a Comment