Tuesday, March 17, 2015

How to Wear a Claddagh Ring

I've worn a claddagh ring for about four and a half years now. However, the first time that I've worn it I wore it wrong. I actually bought it because I really liked it on a friend that I had, and wasn't aware of the meaning. Once I looked it up, I really loved the meaning so I started buying it in all sizes and colors! 
The Claddagh ring has three different symbols. The first is the heart, which stands for love. The hands stand for friendship, and the crown stands for loyalty. The ring was an Irish symbol, although there are many speculations about the origin of the ring. 
There are multiple ways to wear this ring. Many people wear their ring on designated fingers, however I don't. I wear mine on my middle finger on my right hand. The one that you see picture was from Dava, which is my favorite place in the world. It's my favorite Claddagh ever, and it was on sale for $11! 
Basically there's two ways to wear the ring. If you were the crown pointed towards you, that means that you're open to love, and am single. If you're in a relationship, then the ring would be pointed away from you. Since owning the ring, I've never wore it the 'relationship' way. I do hope that one day that changes, but in the mean time I'm embracing the single hood. 
Do you have a Claddagh ring? Let me know in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment