Friday, June 15, 2012

THE END? THE BEGINNING?

Today, I took my last final of my high school career.
The last time I will walk these halls as a student; the last time that I will walk with my friends in the hallways, killing time between classes. The last time I will be late to my classes. The last time I will eat the school's doughy cookies that aren't cooked. The last time I will be able to say I'm a senior. The last time I'll play badminton, because where I'm going to college doesn't have the sport. The last time I'll go to my locker, or even have a locker. The last time I'll have a band requirement.
Those are so many lasts. So many things to make me cry. (I read my yearbook today, after all of the nice things that people wrote, I literally bawled. I'm going to miss each and everyone of you).
But there are people that are telling me that this is a new beginning. A fresh start, a tabula raisa. And damn it, as much as exciting as it is, it's pretty gosh darn scary. Yeah orientation and such is helping me get my feet wet, but it's still new. It's still strange.
I feel like I'm driving in the fast lane, with no chance of slowing down. Between turning 18, attempting to learn how to drive, and leaving the familar seas of my high school for those choppy waves of the real world where you don't know shit, and are left on your ass if you fall. It's scary.
But then, at the same time, it seems exciting. No more people being immature. Everyone is happy to be there. You get out there, and meet more people, a bigger pool of characters. However you leave behind the people you've known forever, and some of them you love and have grown quite attached.
Is this the end? Or the beginning?

No comments:

Post a Comment