Monday, June 18, 2012

There's More Than That.

Lately, I've been thinking about the movie Titanic. And for those of you who don't know, it's the top of my list of best movies of all time. Like at the very top. And no, I'm not just listening to the soundtrack of it (well the score anyways).
Personally, the movie is quite powerful, at least in my opinion. It takes the historical concept, with the whole it being taken place in victorian era, and stuff. The gowns were so pretty then, with the beading and intricate details. Believe it or not, I kinda wanted my prom dress to look like the one that Kate Winslet wore to that dinner party thing where all of the snotty people were. (I'll enclose a picture at the end) And of course, the sinking of the Titanic is quite historical, and a mystery to some as to why the unsinkable ship has sunk. Of course, it was the iceberg, but you get the picture. It takes the books that you've read to another level, another part of understanding the material. It's like you can see what the books are trying to tell you or something.
My favorite part of the movie is the intense love scenes. To be quite honest, when I first saw the movie, I was going through a harsh breakup, which requires late nights spent with a tub of Ben and Jerry's ice cream...Anyways, when I first saw that movie, it gave me hope. It showed me that not everyone can be an asshole. And yes, I realize that it was just a movie, but it made me realize that there are nice guys out there, and sometimes, you just need to open yourself up, a tad bit, just to let them in. Sometimes, you just gotta say "fuck you" to all of our fears, insecurities, when something is wrong you tell them, and just be open to everything, such as standing on a boat "flying". (Now, you all know the reason why I want to do that...SOMEONE DO THAT WITH ME!) The most important lesson I learned is that when fate steps in, you just got to step out of the way, and let it do it's thing. You can not control fate. Fate controls you, and you're just a pawn in it's game.
Believe it or not, a movie taught me that...
Oh, and at the bottom is the pretty dress I like...yes, I'm a nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment