Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Graduating.

Tomarrow is my graduation. From high school. WHOA. It seems like yesterday that we were walking in for the first time, praying that we won't get lost in this giant building, it seems like yesterday when we were freaking out about our first days as freshman, and now here we are putting on a cap and gown, walking the stage, and getting our diploma.
I never thought this day would come. I never thought that I would ever make it thus far, and now that I have, I can honestly say it's the wierdest feeling. Tomarrow, when I wake up, I will be a high school senior. When I go to bed, I will be a graduate.
There is so many people that have led me to this point in my life, so many mentors, friends, family members, and other beings. Each and every one of you have somehow, some way brought me to walking that stage tomarrow night.
I'd like to first thank God, because without God, I literally won't be standing here. Without God, I wouldn't be able to do all of the things that I've been able to do, and exist today. Thank you, God for the strength to get through all of the difficult times, and all of the times when I wanted to give up, thanks for putting me through it.
Thank you to Doctor Gonalaz, who gave me the opportunity to see, and without him I would be visually disabled. Thank you for my sight. Thank you to the doctors who diagnosed me with Vasol Vagel Syncopy, without you guys, I would be in the ER a little bit too often..
I'd like to next thank the five people who raised me-my mother, my two maternal grandparents, and my old neighbors. Each of you had a part of getting me to this point, but most of the credit lies in my mother's hands. Not only in giving birth to me, which was a harsh process, but in raising me, on one salary for 15 years. She was with me through every doctor's appointment, event, concert, and game. I know sometimes we don't get along, but Mom, you literally helped me get to this point. I love you, and thank you for the support. I'd like to thank my grandmother Millie. When I was little, she would always be encoraging me to read, and bought me a leapfrog so I can learn how to read. She watched me while my mother was at work, through educational televison, and stories about her childhood in the depression, entertained me. I'd like to next thank my 'Uncle' Buddy, who taught me about patience, something that he had much of. He now is in a retirement home for Alztimer's disease, but if he could, would be watching me walk the stage tomarrow night.
I'd like to now thank the two people who raised me, who are no longer with us. If you both knew how much I wish you were there to see me at prom, or tomarrow night, yeah it's a lot. Thank you to my father figure Cosmo "Sonny" Mansi. You were around when my father wasn't, and I know I was a handfull growing up, and I'm grateful for everything that you've done for me. I love you, and I will always "take it from a dummy".
Thank you to my other grandmother, "Auntie" Ellen. I never got the chance to say goodbye to you, and I will always regret it. I will also miss you calling me Natlie, and waking my mother up for me. Thank you for all of the sewing that you've done for me over the years, you really were talented. No one can ever take your place.
I'd like to thank all of my teachers for the work that they've done for me and have inspired me to do more and go above and beyond. If you were a teacher of mine, thank you!
Next I'd like to thank my friends. A shoutout to my best friend, a girl that has done so much for me, who has gone through hell and back with me. She was there for me the night my grandfather died, when the guy I liked didn't like me back she was there for a movie. She's the one who I call when I have good news or bad news. She's my little Charlotte. Thanks little sissy for being there for me! I love you, and I will gladly hand out more roses for you, if you like.
I'd like to next thank someone who means a great lot to me. This person is literally the nicest person ever. He's the person who I tell EVERYTHING to, good, and bad. He's the one who I've spent my mornings with, the one who I wrote notes for everyday, the one that never has a bad thing to say about anyone, the one that puts up with my crap, and still wants to be my friend. Griffin, you are awesome. Keep on rocking that green backpack, and thank you for everything that you've done. You're literally the best person ever, and seriously learn how to answer your phone, because I will miss contacting you on a daily basis. Plus, you taught me really big words. I'm going to miss you like crazy man..
I'd like to thank all of the other people that have stumbled into my life; a fun loving amazing girl who I've known since freshman year whose always there for me, through breakups, and deaths. I LOVE YOU VEREEEEEEEEEE. Jenni, my awesome guidette, we'll have tons of fun whereever we end up in life. You're an awesome friend, whose there for me, and has my back. Helena, my freshman, thanks for all of the laughs during warm ups, and for always being there for me, and having my back. I'll miss seeing you and Maurice next year. Gabriel, you are the world's funniest person. Thanks for entertaining me first period! Ben, you and I had a wierd relationship, but you were a little brother to me, in addition to my go to guy for advice. I will forever miss your jew fro, may it rest in peace.Nicole, you are awesome. Thanks for all of the pyschology notes when I was absent, and all of the entertainment during that hell. You are ALL a great friend to me, and I hope that I was to you all.
There are many people who I've missed, and sorry for that, it doesn't mean I love you, it means my hands are tired of typing, and I have an email and a letter to write.
Here's to us, class of 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment