Friday, December 27, 2013

Hi, I Am A Music Whore

What is a music whore you may ask? It's not being able to commit to one specific genre of music, and you're taste of music is pretty much all over the place. It's safe to say that I am one of these people, and I am perfectly okay with it.
I personally think that it's wrong to commit to just one genre of music. I don't know why, but there's more than just one good kind of music. Yes, I listen to pop. Yes, I listen to country. Yes, I listen to some rap. (Okay, I don't listen to very much of that, but there you get the point.)
 I don't believe we should limit ourselves to one specific genre of music. It's like limiting yourself to only one kind of cookies. I think it's important to expand ourselves to several outlets of music, because it enriches us. There's more music than the music that plays on the radio. There's music from our parents and our grandparent's generation that we never heard of. There's music from different countries, and in different languages. There's music that's like hidden gems from independent artists. Music is everywhere, not just what's on the chart.
I have my favorites; Lana, Aerosmith, Demi, Xtina, Madonna, and the entire Nashville soundtrack. Those are my little black dresses of my iTunes library. I do listen to punk, alternative, indie, classic rock, in addition to metal, country, (I am a huge Luke Bryan fan), the occasional pop songs, and of course those insane songs that you have no idea what the hell to place them in, but yet they are still awesome so you listen to them anyways. Some weeks I am more into one kind of music, such as one week I'll go on a Steven Tyler binge, and the next I will go into a blue grass country binge. And that's okay, because there's different kinds of music in the world, and I enjoy exposing myself to all of them.
So, yes I am a music whore. And that's okay because music is something good. The moral of my post? To make you guys aware of the music whoredom,and that it's okay not to be tied down to just one genre of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment