Monday, December 2, 2013

Music Monday; Kacey Musgraves


I would like to take the time to focus on an up and coming artist for this Music Monday. Kacey Musgraves tried to get on for a while, while appearing on the show Nashville Star, songwriting for the cast of Nashville, and self releasing three albums. However, she didn't hit it big until the album Same Trailer Different Park came out.
I just got the album the other day, and I can't stop listening to it. Her songs are different than anything that I've ever heard before.. They have a good sort of meaning to each and every song. For example, the song "Merry Go Round" talks about how standards differ from person to person. It's a cross of a singer that you would hear at the coffee shop, and some of that old fashioned country music. Her album is catchy, but the songs are just orginal.
I can see Kacey lasting for years, and years. I loved her debut, and I can't wait to hear her sophomore attempt.
Songs from the Album Same Trailer Different Park That I Enjoy;

  • Silver Lining
  • Merry Go Round
  • Blowin' Smoke
  • Step Off
  • Follow Your Arrow
  • It Is What It Is

No comments:

Post a Comment