Monday, December 30, 2013

Music Monday-2013

2013 was a wonderful and crazy year for the music world. It was the year of the twerking, of the Miley, and of the Blurred lines. However, I must honestly say that my iTunes library swelled this year. Here's a few of my favorites from the year.

  • Mayday Parade's Monsters in the Closet. Okay so I just got the album a few days. Sue me, I'm a bad fan. But it's really good, and I am really enjoying it. My favorites include "Ghosts", "The Last Night for a Table of Two", "Hold Onto Me", and "Angel."
  • "Young and Beautiful" by Lana Del Rey. This is in case you all were living under a rock, was the love theme from the Great Gatsby. I love this song because it's simple, yet elegant. It has this haunted aspect to it, which for some odd reason I enjoy. It just adds onto the notion of simply wanting someone to love you unconditionally, even when you're no longer beautiful. 
  • Cannonball by Lea Michele; Okay so we all know that Lea has been through a hell of a year. This song is perfect for her. It's honestly great, and I can't wait for Louder to be released this upcoming March.
  • Lady GaGa's Artpop. Lady GaGa is simply amazing. I've been a huge fan of her since The Fame. Just Dance was my jam my freshman year in high school. Her latest album is awesome. It's so empowering, plus they have a beat that is simply amazing. Some of my favorites include "Applause", "Aura", and "Venus". If you are a Lady GaGa fan than you should definately be listening to this. Like stop reading this blog, and go listen to it. It's that good. 
  • Loved Me Back To Life by Celine Dion. Okay, I am a huge fan of Celine. I have pretty much all of her CDs. This is her first album in 6 years. Loved Me Back to Life is full of heartfilled, pop music. I love Celine, and this album surely doesn't disappoint. Give "Loved Me Back To Life", "Somebody Loves Somebody," "Water and A Flame", and "Unfinished Songs" a listen. They won't disappoint. 
  • Brave by Sarah Barielles. This song honestly reminds me of summer days jamming with Gabriel. 
  • Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke. Okay, I like this song and I am not ashamed to admit it. Have a problem? Oh well. I really enjoy working out to it. Plus, it gets stuck in my head a lot. That can be annoying. 
  • Demi by Demi Lovato. Team Demi for life. Her new album, which came out in May is simply amazing. Each and every song was awesome. Demi is such a talented artist, and 2013 was an awesome year for her. My favorites include "Heart Attack", "Fire Starter", "Neon Lights," and "Made In The Usa."
  • Crash My Party by Luke Bryan. I love Luke Bryan. I jam to it while I am work. This album didn't disappoint. "That's My Kind of Night", and "Crash My Party"were my jams.
  • Royals by Lorde. Okay, so this is pretty much been killed by the radio. But come on, it's so good!
  • Nashville. I simply love the show, and all of the singles. I've gained so much respect for artists, based on this show. I am such a huge fan, and each and every one of the singles that were released this year were amazing Catch up, because the new season begins 1/15/2013. I can't wait. 
So those were my jams this year. What's on your playlist this year? Comment, email, or tweet me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment