Wednesday, August 20, 2014

L O V E

Love. What do you think about when you see those words on your computer screen? I'll give you a moment to ponder your answers.
Done thinking? Great. 
A few years ago, I wrote an essay about why I believed in love. I wish that I could share that essay with you, but sadly I can't. I remember that it was for my freshman class, and that we had to write a 350-500 word essay about what we believed in and why. However, I can tell you that since then, I've learned a lot since my freshman days. 
Love is something that can lift you up and bring you down. You can not live without love, and even though you may be denial you are in fact loved. 
Love brings us down when you're in the unrequited kind of love. The person flat out rejects you, and your hopes to make it to the alter. Your significant other or partner decides to leave you for someone else. It's a feeling that to be completely honest, sucks. 
However, you must be hopeful about love and its ability to bring you up. When someone loves you back, whether they are your boyfriend or girlfriend, you feel like you're on top of the world. Everything seems better, colors are more colorful, and life is just a whole lot better now that you have a person to say that you're beautiful. Love makes you want to do that, and makes you say things that probably sound idiotic. They slowly become the best thing that's ever happened to you, and suddenly you begin to wonder how you ever lived with out them. 
I believe in love now, even though I am two years older. During that time, I managed to get rejected by my best friend, meet a creep that just wanted to get it off, and of course there was that whole 'where are we going scenario' with this other guy. Despite that, I still believe in love, because we are created by love. Our parents were most likely in love, and we were bought into a world with love and support. I believe that love can be our biggest influence, our biggest motivation, and our biggest downfall. It can lift you up and bring you down if you let it. I believe that love can in fact conquer all, but also can cause someone to not realize the impact of what love can do to us. Love can sometimes destroy us, and love can sometimes cause us to wonder what we're lacking if we don't have it. 
At the end of the day, love is something that we all pretty much look for in our lives. Whether we are in love, or we're not it's something that impacts us in each and every way. But, let's look past the romantic sense. Your pet loves you. Your best friend loves you. You're loved by your family. So, if you're down and you're reading this remember that someone out there loves you. Even if it's not that guy who won't call you back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment