Sunday, September 29, 2013

Blogtember:Write A Letter To The Future You

I'm writing a letter to myself at age 29. That's ten years from now in case y'all didn't know. I'm actually now wondering if I will remember to look at this in 2023.

Dear Natalie, 
Wow, you're almost thirty. You're old. Okay fine not really but still, being 19 almost 20, and thinking about bring 29 almost 30 is a big jump. It's like you're an adult and have a full time job and magically know what you want to do with your life. Eep! I could be married at 29 for all I really know, with children and stuff. That's kinda scary when you really think about it.
Right now, I'm a sophomore in college. I currently work for the school library, and of course am a very ambitious student. I am studying to be a social worker and have dreams of being a psychiatrist. What field did I end up choosing? Only you would really know. I also am currently working on changing my vasol vagol syncopy to making it so I don't pass out any more. Did that work? I also am single, and hanging out with a lot of really nice friends. Are they your friends now?
I figured that I would tell you my goals to compare them to how you are now, in addition to seeing how much life has changed in the past ten years. 
  • My number one goal is to be a social worker. I worked very hard at achieving that goal, through conscientious studying, and dedication. However my dream job is to get a MD or DO in psychiatry. 
  • I would like to be married eventually to a deserving person who I love. I do want a family, the traditional kind. Two children, a white picket fence, and a dog and a cat.. I also want a wedding, where yes, Gabriel will give me away. How is he these days? Are you still friends?
  • I also want to be a writer of some sort. I want to write really awesome books that make history similar to the Harry Potter books.
  • Graduate cum lude. It's a big goal of mine to graduate with honors from college. 
I have so many questions for you. What is the future like? Where did you go to grad school? Do you still write, and if so, what do you write? Do you have a boyfriend? Are you engaged? Or, are you a career woman who just doesn't have the time for a man...well you never know how much you can change in ten years. 
I do however realize that asking those questions is kind of pointless because they will quite possibly never get answered. What am I saying? They never will. However, it's okay to be curious sometimes, so even though they aren't actually going to get answered, at least 

Love,
Natalie in 2013 

No comments:

Post a Comment