Monday, February 17, 2014

Music Monday; Mayday Parade

It's been a while since I've done a Music Monday about an artist or a band. I've been having trouble finding artists to make my Music Monday, because although I want to share some artists, I want to make sure I get the full discography of them, before I share them with you all. Finally, I've gotten the majority of an artist, and I'm really excited to introduce you to this band if you already haven't heard of them. So, ladies and gentlemen I would like to introduce you Mayday Parade. (Check out their website here)

Source
I've been into this band since about middle school, however for a while I lost touch with liking them as I grew into more classic rock. However, with their latest album Monsters in the Closet, I began to get slowly back into them.
Mayday Parade has been together since 2006 and has formed in Tallahassee Florida. It's members include Brooks Betts, Alex Garcia, Jake Bundrick, Derek Sanders, and Jeremy Lenzo. To date, the band has three EPs, and four studio albums. Their sound is alternative rock, indie, and acoustic. Their albums include A Lesson in Romantics, Anywhere But Here, Mayday Parade, and Monsters in the Closet. Their sound is more guitar based, but the reason why I like the band is because of the awesome lyrics in addition to their sound. I like that the band has lyrics that truly touch people, and you can actually hear the emotion that is behind their songs.
I'm so glad that I've gotton into Mayday Parade again, and I look foreword to hearing more from them in the future. This band has a lot going for it, and I can't wait to hear what's next for them.
My favorites;

  • Kids in Love (Anywhere But Here) 
  • Anywhere But Here (Anywhere But Here) 
  • The Silence (Anywhere But Here)
  • Still Breathing (Anywhere But Here)
  • Center of Attention (Anywhere But Here)
  • Miserable at Best (A Lesson in Romantics)
  • The Anchor That Keeps My Feet On the Ground, I'll Be The Wings That Lift You to the Clouds (A Lesson in Romantics)
  • Take This To Heart (A Lesson in Romantics)
  • Stay (Mayday Parade)
  • Terrible Things (Mayday Parade)
  • Ghosts (Monsters in the Closet)
  • Girls (Monsters in the Closet)
  • Last Night for a Table Of Two (Monsters in the Closet)
  • Hold Onto Me (Monsters in the Closet) 
  • Angels (Monsters in the Closet)
  • When I Get Home You're So Dead (When I Get Home You're So Dead-Single)

No comments:

Post a Comment