Monday, August 3, 2015

Society and the Single Girl-It's All About Knowing

For as long as I've been a part of the dating scene, I've used Google as a guide to help me navigate its' craziness. Thanks to Google, I would be able to access thousands of articles about the body language of a guy that I would be interested in, and then use as a guide to conclude things about his behavior. I would also buy thousands of issues of magazines-whether they were Seventeen or Cosmo! as an attempt to fully grasp what a guy who had feelings towards me and was attracted to me, would act like and say to me.
Over seven years later, I can say I've learned one thing. And, wasted a lot of money on magazines and hours on Google. I've learned when someone likes you, you're going to know. You're not going to need a guide printed out from a silly magazine that you got at the grocery store nor are you going to need to look it up on Wikipedia. Although I will say thanks to my research I have learned a lot about body language and behavior, which is pretty interesting if you ask me.
I've written so many blog entries over the years about the very topic-how do you know if someone likes you? How do I know if he likes me? On my older blog, I've deliberated it time and time again about whether or not someone had feelings for me. I wish I can go back in time and assure myself that you will know. And how will you know?
It's a simple equation really. You'll know by the way they look at you, and they look at you like you're the only person in the world who means something. You'll know that when they say they like you and go out on a date. You'll know they like you when they hold you and you know they like you when they seem to have the desire to actually listen to all of your crazy stories. I'm not good at math, and this is only the beginning of the criteria of how to know if someone likes you.
Sometimes, it's okay to indulge in a simple Google search. But the real answer is, it's a feeling that you get. At least, in my very limited experiences anyways, as well as hearing others talk about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment