Friday, October 11, 2013

Jumping Off the Edge

Risks are crazy things that we take in order to find happiness. They can range from texting the person you are interested in, to jumping off of something high. Well in a way, we are jumping. Jumping into the unknown with no solid certainty or ground below. All we have is what knowledge we are given, and nothing else. The prize is what we want. 
Sometimes, past experiences can paralyze us from forever taking risks. We've been hurt before, why the hell would you want to do it again? We can't curl up in a ball and lick our wounds. They will never heal. By getting out and doing stuff, then your wounds will slowly heal. By not thinking about the pain, and only thinking about the reward, we get motivated to get off of the couch, to stop stuffing our faces with the junk food that makes us smile, and actually being happy again. This takes time love and tenderness as Michael Bolton once said, but at the end of the day, life with out risk isn't life at all. 
If no one took a risk then there would be no America, no music that's playing on our iPod, and no television. Life is full of failure, and it's how it's going to be for the rest of our lives. What makes someone great, and what makes someone actually succeed is getting off of their ass and actually doing something to get the thing or in the romantic sense, the person that they desire. A person who got hurt once, of course will be cautious. Eventually, and hopefully, the caution will go away.
I am sitting here, and wondering if I will actually take my own advice. I'm one of those people who can listen to someone else's problems, and be able to give them an easy clear cut answer. However, when it comes to my own? Not so much. I wonder if that makes me a hypocrite. Maybe because we have to be the judge of the effect. 
I've come to one conclusion. It's easier said than done. We can say a thousand things, have a thousand dreams, but yet fail to complete just one. Maybe it's the fear of flying in dead air, with nothing and no one to catch me. A friend pointed out to be yesterday that you gotta be hurt to be happy. I believe that's true, and I will try to live my life not looking for the hurt, but looking for the happiness. 
Let's jump off the edge today. 

For those of you wanted some music to fuel you during your risk: 

No comments:

Post a Comment