Friday, October 10, 2014

Book Review-Best of Me

Hey readers! So, I'm trying something completely different, because why not expand my blogging comfort zone! Today I'm reviewing a book that I've read recently called the Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks! And yes, it's coming out in movie form October 17th.
 http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMzQ5Njg3Njk5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODIwODIxMjE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg
Source
The book is about high school sweethearts Dawson and Amanda. Dawson's family is considered to be the 'bad seeds' of their small North Carolina town, and Amanda is warned to stay away from him. However, she is drawn to Dawson, who really isn't that bad unlike most of his outlaw family members. The two are together for a year before Amanda's parents intervene by threatening to not pay for Amanda's college if she continues seeing Dawson. Amanda runs to Dawson who realizes that he's not the best for Amanda and cause the two to break up. The two meet for a mutual friend's funeral about 25 years later, and begin to fall in love again. However fate has different plans, like in true Nicholas Sparks fashion.
I'm not going to give away the ending...well because you all should read it.
I honestly thought that the book was excellant. It was a quick and light read, like most of Nicholas Sparks books are. It took me about a week, and it was only 292 pages long, which wasn't too bad at all. There were constant changes of points of view, which I honestly liked about the book, and the ending...well it was upsetting to leave it at that. Just be sure to have a box of tissues ready.
I reccommend this book to anyone who is in the mood for some good, old-fashioned chick lit. I've read many other Nicholas Sparks' novels, and this one didn't disappoint my expectations. It's romantic, sweet, and beautiful. Overall, I liked the book, and if you're looking for a quick read you should check it out.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment