Wednesday, May 7, 2014

This Is Not A Rant..

The title is deceiving. It totally is a rant.
I hate it when people judge you about the kinds of music that you listen to. I hate it when people assume things based on your music taste. I have this friend who basically said to me "oh, you like rock music so you won't like this." Uhm, no.
Just because I like a lot of a certain genre doesn't mean that I can't like another genre. Yes, I listen to bands such as Aerosmith, Sleeping With Sirens, Ozzy Osbourne, Anthrax, Mayday Parade, Motley Crue, and Def Leppard. Those are some of my favorite bands on my iTunes library. Some may say that those bands are considered to be heavy, and their not everyone's cup of tea. However, they are not by any means the only music that I listen to. I have close to 2,000 songs on my iTunes library. I listen to Celine Dion, then I listen to Sleeping With Sirens. My music taste is so broad that I can't honestly give someone a straight answer. If something's good then I'll listen to it. If I don't think that it's good then I won't. It's a simple as that. I won't say that something's pop then it's not good. I give it a chance to listen to decide for myself that it's good. Then I go from there.
Don't judge me because I don't often agree with the same kinds of music as you, because what I listen shouldn't be the concern of you. It shouldn't even be your business. If I don't like something that you don't like, then you should respect my views, because I respect yours. I hate it when people develop opinions based on something that we may or may not like.
I also hate that people judge you based on the music that you do in fact listen to. Just because someone listens to scene music doesn't mean that they are considered to be 'emo.' Just because someone listens to indie music doesn't mean that they are a hippy. Music is a form of expression and shouldn't be a thing to judge people on. It's something that should make us feel happy, and it's something that's to each their own. Therefore, if someone has different taste then you, you have the right to respect it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment