Saturday, January 18, 2014

How Do I?

When it comes to entering the dating world, there's so many questions that I have. How do I do this? How do I show that I am interested? How do I find the right words to say the things I feel without sounding like a complete and total idiot? Is that even possible?
I'm a late bloomer when it comes to the dating game. It's safe to say that I've never even had a boyfriend, despite the fact that I've dated losers for about three days, and there was that whole more than friends thing that I had going on when I was 15. None of them were actually good boyfriends, so needless to say it didn't last that long. Also I would like to add that, I have encountered creeps, who are straight up annoying.  I mean come on, who wants to start a relationship with someone that makes you...well scared? Girls, you know what I am talking about. And that's cool and all. But then there's a person that you realize hey they really like me. And then you really like them, and they are totally not creepy. It's great because you know that they are truly great people. But it sucks when you do in a way, because everything is so new and foreign. You don't know what's going on, you slip on your words, and you trip everywhere. You don't know what to say.
It's safe to say that falling for someone for the first time can be three things-awkward, amazing, and overwhelming. It's awkward because you don't know what to say or do to express your feelings. It's kind of like when you're in a room with someone that has all of the power. The power to hurt you, the power to make you, and the power to make you feel like a million bucks. You want to impress them, make them feel like they matter. You often wonder, even though you know on the inside if they feel the same way towards you. It's amazing because it's nice to have someone to get lunch with, someone that gets you, and you know cares about you. I have never truly experienced it, but I hear from the word of the street is that it's pretty great stuff. It's overwhelming because you don't understand these emotions because you have never experienced them before.
Love is a crazy ride. Granted, it's a bumpy one, but it's also crazy. The funny thing is that in the end, it's worth it. So I've heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment