Thursday, January 9, 2014

Baby, You Light Up My World Like Nobody Else..

I saw this post on my blog/real life friend Emma's blog (read her awesome post here!
http://emmajudy.blogspot.com/2014/01/dear-future-husband.html ) I really liked the idea so I decided to write my own letter. Emma's letter however was to her husband. However, I don't know if I want to get married yet so I decided to write mine to a future significant other, which is my fancy word for boyfriend. I don't know why I just want like that word. So, this is for the person who decides to date me. And I actually don't listen to One Direction, but that seemed like the perfect title for this.
Dear Future Significant Other;
Let me say this. You have awesome taste in girls. I mean although I have my flaws, but let's just say that not everyone is perfect. Neither are you, and I am sure of it. But that's okay, because nobody is perfect and that's perfectly okay. With that being said, I am still psyched that you're in my life. You're awesome, and I am awesome. It's a good match.
As you probably know, you are not the only guy in my life. My very best friend is a guy. I can promise you that it's nothing romantic. I hope you guys can get along, because there's nothing more important to me than to have my best friend, and my partner to get along. You both are in my life, and you both mean a lot to me. 
I just want you to let you know that I'm not perfect. Sometimes, I get upset and just want you to hold me. Sometimes, I will want you to tell me everything is okay. I have issues, and sometimes will doubt whether or not you actually would want to stay with me for the long haul. It's from my past, and slowly but surely I am getting over it. I ask you to realize that I overanalyze things, I worry about things, and I honestly don't know much about dating. 
I hope our relationship is awesome. I want us to have seperate lives, as well as hanging out together. I don't want our relationship to feel like an obigation, and I don't want you to feel like you can't hang out with your friends or do things you love without me. We both had seperate lives before that. I expect that not to change whether or not I have a boyfriend. I don't have expectations of what our relationship would be like. I do hope that its happy, and we have a good time together. I hope that there's a lot of laughter, a lot of love, and a lot of just hanging out and enjoying each other's company. That's the most important thing, I think. Especially when it comes to a relationship. No pressure, no drama, no nothing. Just enjoy each other's company. I am young, and too many people worry about the big, getting married kind of thing. I still don't have my life figured out, and I just want to enjoy what we have right now. What will be, will be.
I may not have all of the answers. I may not know where I am going to go in life. We may be meant to be, or we may not. However, I do know this. If i like you, it must be pretty special. You are special, you are great, and you sure as hell make me happy.  I hope that you are happy. So, cheers. Here's to us. Here's to love, and all of the times we messed up.
Always, 
Natalie 

No comments:

Post a Comment