Saturday, January 11, 2014

New Year's Resolution 2014


Okay, yes I am about ten days late in saying this. But, in my defense it took me a while to figure out what I wanted my resolution to be. So, now that I finally figured it out, (my Eureka moment, for all of you John Green fans) I can share it with you.
My resolution is to read at least a book a week. The grand total of books read per week by the end of the year would be 52. As an English major, there's a lot of books out there that I haven't read yet. My goal this year is to slowly chip away at them. Yes, I know that the semester can get hectic, and I may not have the time to read this. However, I do plan on reading each and every night before I go to bed. That way, I will at least have some time to read them. Plus, I am mostly planning on reading books for fun, not for school. I will be excited for that because, it will be something I am interested in, not something that I am being forced to read. I know for once that I actually can stick to this goal, so I am so excited.
So far, my goal has been a success. I've read two books so far. Last week, I've read an Abundance of Katherines by John Green. That book was awesome. This week I read Shopaholic Takes Manhattan. Next week, I am reading the next book in the Shopaholic series. 
I can't wait to complete this goal, because I am such a huge fan of reading. By being able to read more I can also grow as a writer. Plus, there's nothing wrong with reading more books, right?
What's your resolution? Do you think you'll be able to stick to it? Talk to me. Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment