Monday, May 7, 2012

The Feeling.

Ever have this class where you have to put in extra effort, go that extra mile, and study our asses off, just to pass? Well for me, it was AP pyschology. (Yes, I realized that I didn't have to take this class, but I did want to take at least one challenging course) This class, was literally hell on earth. I took it because at the time of signing up for my senior classes, I thought it might look good to have on AP on my transcript.
Needless to say, I regretted taking that class about the second day of school. Everyday, I would complain about it, because I was a senior, and I really didn't feel like applying effort. But somehow, I told myself that if I got through this class, in the end it would all be worth it. I also improved in that class, going from a C-, to a solid B, in addition to actually taking an interest to the materials.
After hours and days of studying, today was the AP exam. It was literally hell on earth, and gave me a migrane.
But after all of the test taking, I realized what I had accomplished. I had survived a college course. I would now be able to say "I took an AP exam, and passed an AP course." (Let's hope one day, I'll also be able to say I PASSED the exam)
I came a long way academically. Freshman year I was extremely lazy, and spend most of my time trying to get myself a boyfriend, and could care less about academics. I had a GPA (unwieghted of 5.53.) And then I realized that I wasn't living up to my full potential, so I decided to level up on my classes, going from average classes to honors classes. (Thanks to this, my sophomore year, my unwieghted was 5.8 and juinor year a 5.9) Doing that, made me realize that I'm intelligent. And so, my junior year, I decided to try a little bit of the AP world (something I never dreamed I can do.)
I realized something during all of my years of high school. If something is too easy for you, you should challenge yourself. Why? Cause the feeling of accomplishment is the best feeling in the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment