Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Night To Remember?!?

Prom is fastly approaching us. Some have past, some are upcoming. Mine is this Saturday, and to be completly honest, I'm pretty pysched.
But, there is so much drama that comes with it. Like, who doesn't like who, who didn't do this, or that, yadda yadda yadda. It's so much stress for one lousy night. Like everyone has to put their two cents in, and others don't like it, and it equals drama.
I thought this was a night to be happy. I thought you would want to anticipate this, not dread it. I thought it was something that we would remember for the rest of our lives. I thought we would want to celebrate the things that we've accomplished. I thought it would be something that we have to look foreward to, because we do only get one prom, and it's best to have the time of our lives when we do get the chance to go. It should bring friends closer together, rather then farther apart.
I'm tired of the drama. I'm tired of hearing about seating plans, I'm tired of hearing "I don't like him/her". It's not about whether you don't like someone. It's about the fact that we're seniors, and that we deserve a chance to celebrate. We deserve to have a good night, and forget the troubles.
So, if you want to, bitch about it. But I'm planning to enjoy myself, because I damn well deserve it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment