Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Middle School Tunes.

So, lately, I've been doing a lot of reminiscing. After all, graduating high school gets one thinking about their past experiences, and wonder about the ones that we have yet to expect in the future. I'm scared of what my future would bring, but at the same time, I am eager to see what's out there for me, to see what comes in my path.
Anyways, I was reading a magazine the other day, and one of the ideas for something was to make a playlist about the tunes that once rocked my world in middle school; the days when I first began to dip my foot into the pool of great music. I remember when the one gig iPods came out, and everyone would look at each other's to see what kind of music you were into. Now we have cell phones that play music. Wierd, huh? So, here you go.
  1. Start All Over by Miley Cryus: Back when I was in eighth grade, Hannah Montana first came out, and I seriously thought that all of her songs were amazing. I hate to admit it, but I actually have seen pretty much all of the episodes of Hannah Montana. I gotta admit it was a pretty cool show. Ah, old Disney Channel. 
  2. Six Feet Under the Stars by All Time Low: I discovered this band in eighth grade, and still to this day love them. This was the first song that I had downloaded by them, and I'm sure as hell glad I did. 
  3. Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance: Back when I was a kid, I thought it was cool to be goth, and try the whole wearing black thing/emo music thing. Needless to say, it's a good thing that I decided that it wasn't much of my thing-however it did have some amazing music. 
  4. Umbrella by Rihanna: This was such a huge hit in the summer of 2007. I seriously used to like jam to this song. I also think this is also when Rihanna became like a serious artist kinda. 
  5. Cyclone by Baby Bash: I thought I was a cool cat back then by listening to rap music. I wasn't. CAUSE SHE MOVES HER BODY LIKE A CYCLONE, AND SHE MAKES ME WANNA DO IT ALL NIGHT LONG.
  6. Church by T-Pain: What I said for the above song applies here also. 
  7. Break the Ice by Britney Spears: Briney made her comeback in 07. Needless to say, I used to enjoy singing along to this oh so catchy tune. How can you like not enjoy her music? 
  8. Forever by Chris Brown: They played this song at my eighth grade dance. I throughly enjoy this song, mainly because it reminds me of my first crush. 
  9. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana: I discovered Nirvana in eighth grade also. Good stuff. 
  10. 4 Minutes by Madonna: Another eighth grade dance song. I enjoyed the video, in addition to I tried to repilicate the movement. Needless to say-it didn't work. 
  11. Thanks for the Memories by Fall Out Boy: ONE NIGHT, AND ONE MORE TIME, THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES, THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES! I love this song so much! Even though, it's really old, I still play it at top volume. 
  12. I Write Sins, Not Tradgidies by Panic! At The Disco: I used to love this band, back in the day.
  13. There's a Good Reason Why These Tables Are Marked Honey, You Just Haven't Thought Of Them Yet by Panic! At The Disco: They have such long song names. That's what makes them awesome. 
  14. State of the Union by Rise Against: I used to love punk music so much. 
  15. Face Down by the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus: This song was like the first screamo song I ever listened to. I however thought that the message of the song was amazing, because love really shouldn't be abuse. End of story. 
  16. How to Save a Life by the Fray: I used to love the Fray so much. I forgot about them. Maybe I should give that CD a spin sometime in the near future. 
  17. Miss Murder by AFI: Another punk days song...
So, I give y'all a challenge-turn on your iPod nanos, and brace yourselves and remember the songs that once rocked your world back in the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment