Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's Nothing But..

I got the cutest text message last night. My mom's friend's son likes a girl, so he invited her to a game (he plays baseball.) Oh, and he's seven years old. The cutest thing is seriously hearing him talk about her. Her name is ToniMarie. He even asks his dad if he can borrow his cologne and everything. Seven year olds are the cutest. Like seriously.
Anyways, about love. Today, in my Jornalism class, we finished up the movie Crazy Stupid Love. Surprisingly, it was very good. Very non cheesy. (For those of you who have never seen the movie, you should watch it. It keeps you on your toes, and it's a good date date movie!)
Then, I got to thinking about love, and the heart. I have friends that are in a relationship. I have friends who are in like. I have friends who are single, and loving life. But a friend once told me that "you can not help who you like, that's why you like them". Is it a matter of fate? Is it a matter of timing? Or is it a card game?
I also wonder if love changes you. I mean I have friends, and myself included who have tended to lose themselves for a guy. And in the movie, Ryan Gosling's character, has fallen victim to falling in love and then changing for the girl. Sometimes, it's a good thing. But others, it can be bad. Sometimes, you can't lose yourself for someone else. Sometimes, you need to keep that fire in your soul, so that way you'll be you. Never let someone take that away from you, no matter how hard you try. Sometimes, you can't be with that person every second of your life, because then you realize that they aren't the same. Plus, too much of anything is kinda a bad thing.
There's the guys who are unhappy in their relationship. And then they cheat. Which confuses me because I know that if you truly had balls, either man or woman you should end that. 
Then there's the guys who are happy in love. I want that. I want to be me. I want to see my chicks, and I want him to go with his bros. I want the time that we do spend together to be awesome. I don't want any drama. Is that too much for someone to want?
But one thing is for certain. You have to fight for what you love. Whether it's something that you don't think that you have a chance in hell with, or someone that you've known forever, the key word here is that you have to try. Trying is something that may not get you very far, but at least that you can say that you have attempted to get somewhere.
I guess love is crazy and stupid. But, can we live with out? I believe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment