Tuesday, May 29, 2012

"You Only Live Once"

YOLO!
You only live one.
At first, the freaking saying annoyed me. I mean at my school, the only people who said it were the idiot people that would spend their lives drinking, and partying. Which is not YOLO, but however it's wasting your life, and brain cells.
However, I thought about the saying, and how many times that I don't live or take chances. I'm scared of taking chances, because I'm afraid of striking out. I'm afraid of losing the game. But, in the movie "A Cinderella Story", there was a quote that said "Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game".
I'm afraid of getting hurt. By love. By friends. By loss. But that's no way to live. We can't let the fear of losing be what keeps us from living the way we want to live. If there's someone you like? You should ask them out. If there's a job that you want, go and freaking get it.
I basically live my life on one concept. Go with my gut. However, I'm blinded by fear, in addition to my astigmatism. If I feel something, then I'm going to go for it. I very much deserve it.
The fact that in less than a month, I will be walking the stages, grasping my diploma as an eager high school graduate kind of scares me. I'm afraid of leaving behind my friends, especially the ones that I have grown quite close to. However, because of my upcoming graduation, I'm realizing one thing.
YOLO.

No comments:

Post a Comment