Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Society and the Single Girl-Things NOT To Say To Single People

Being single is something that pretty much every person reading this can relate to. At some point or another, we all have been single. And yes, this means you for all of you people who are crazy in love. However, there's a common misconception that being single can be a bad thing, which it isn't. I mean, being single is pretty awesome most of the time. However, some people really know how to, well push your buttons. Here's what you should avoid saying to all of the single people in your lives. We will all be internally grateful for it.
You should go on a dating site. Okay dating sites are cool for people that like it. But I've experimented with dating sites, and I hated it. However, being told that I should try a dating site must mean that you think that I am desperate for a relationship. How about no. Dating websites are tricky to manover, mainly because you encounter the creepy, and you really don't know what you're getting. Yes, I'll go on them if I want to. Not because you told me that's the only way to meet Prince Charming on his white horse.
How are you still single? Okay, so raise your hand if you've ever gotton this question before. Okay. Now keep it up if you ever found this conversation to be extremely awkward when you are asked that. Yes, there's no man in my life. That means my last significant other in my life wasn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. However, you asking that is just unecesary.
Stop being so picky. Honey, I have standards that are higher than my heels. If I want to be picky, that's not because I want to drive all of the perspective suitors away. It's because I want someone whose actually of good quality and I won't settle for anything less. By lowering them, that will make me extremely unhappy. Yes, it may drive many out of the running, but I won't let that get in the way with what I want.
You'll meet someone when you least expect it. Aren't we always on the prowl for looking for your next boyfriend? #justsaying
I wish that I were still single. Well, I guess that your relationship is clearly going well. Everyone thinks that the grass is greener on the other side, and it's not. Saying that sounds like you're just unhappy with your relationship, and if you want to be single, just be single.
What about that (guy that you casually dated)? Sometimes, we go out with people only to find out that they are duds. Therefore, I'm not going to go out with that, continue to spend time with them, or even call them my boyfriend if they annoy me, or some other dealbreaker that they have. I tried the shoe on and then I returned it. Thank you for mentioning my dud purchase.
You need to go out more. I realize that staying home, and taking selfies with my dog isn't exactly the best thing in the world to change my relationship status. However, if I went out more, I should just do it because I want to. Not because I am a desperate single looking for love.
What if I set you up? Blind-dating? No thanks.
To all of you single people out there (or people that were once single), what are some things that you just can't stand hearing?

No comments:

Post a Comment